Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Largest Kigurmi Festival next Sunday



Hello,

Next Sunday, there's a market of gallage kits called "Wonder-Festival(WF)" at Tokyo Big-sight(the same place as Comic-Market). Although this festa is for figures, many cosplayers come here.

Especially for kigurumi, this is eventually the largest event. Many kigurumis come together at Ariake, Tokyo, and it is said to reach up to 50 or more kigurumis.
Therefore, you can see many photos of kigurumis in several sites in the next week. (May I list some?)

As for me, yes, I'd like to join..., but I have a test on the same day. I'm supposed to run around Tokyo in order to join the both. Although I'm sure I'll be present at WF, it's not certain there will be Misuzu or not.

I hope to play with other kigs, but time is limited and looking around complete PVC figures (not gallage kit, already assembled and colored) soon on sale is also my pleasure ^^

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think i've heard of WF before, and i think i've seen a lot of pictures of the garage kits and PVC figures that are at WF. i'm somewhat envious, as i would love to buy some of the ones i have seen, but since i live in america, it becomes hard...

Silphy & Misuzu said...

With 1,700 dealers and 6 acres of floor, WF is also a tough festival for visiter(^^; (But Comiket has 3 times larger area and 3 days)

The word "Garage kit" makes me think of garage in US. Isn't there the market of figures?

Anyway, today the fare between Tokyo and LA is as much as Tokyo and kyusyu or okinawa(south-west Japan), why don't you come? (^^)

Anonymous said...

i believe the term "garage kit" came about because people would usually make them in their garages. as far as im aware, there isn't too big a market for people who make things like garage kits. i think it's still more of a hobby over here.

unfortunately, i would never be able to make a trip on my current income, and i live in the middle of the US...

Silphy & Misuzu said...

When I think of garages in Japan, it is narrow, dark, and I hardly think of making something in it ^^;

I would be happy if you could enjoy reviews of WF I linked, and I hope someday you can come to Japan.

Anonymous said...

hmm...garages in japan are probably much smaller than garages in america, since there is less land available to build a house on. most american grages are pretty spacious, and usually can hold 2 cars with room to store things on the side. so, in this case, garages would be a great place to have a workshop (i know a lot of people who have converted their garages into a mini woodshop).

Silphy & Misuzu said...

Thus I come to think "American lifestyle" hearing something about garage. In fact, in most cases in Japan, cars will be left in open-air (without a garage)